Saturday, June 2, 2012

Taylor Dayne and Edwin McCain: Back2Back Ultimate Concert

Yesterday, I am one of the ten bloggers selected as winners of 2 Lower Box tickets for the Back2Back Ultimate Concert: Taylor Dayne and Edwin McCain at the Mall of Asia Arena
Concert poster



2  concert tickets
I was misinformed at first, I thought I will be getting 1 ticket only. To my surprised I got 2 concert tickets instead!  Wow!
The Lower Box ticket is worth P2,970 each but I got the 2 concert tickets for FREE.
I tried to ask my sister Catherine to come with me to the concert since her office is just near the area. She refused because she needs to go to work that night, she's a call center agent.
I asked my girl friend Drexie to come with me instead, she's from Marikina but she doesn't mind going the distance! 

We arrived early around 7:15pm at the Mall of Asia Arena and we should be going to the Lower Box section but we were asked to enter the Patron section! Instant upgrade! 



Around 8pm when the show started with some Filipino talent singers. They aren't famous but they are good singers as well.  The foreign singers maybe are not yet ready for the night so they came first. I didn't get their names really, sorry.
 

Geeky looking Filipino singer

Filipino singer #2

Around past 9pm when Edwin McCain came up to the stage and started singing without any introduction. Maybe its a surprise for his audience?! I heard some Filipino audience asking "Si Edwin McCain ba yan? Siya na ba yon?" (Is that Edwin McCain? Is that him?)


Edwin McCain on stage
Edwin McCain singing
After singing 3 songs, Edwin McCain suddenly tell some things about him, he said he's from South Carolina. So he's from the country side and that's why his music are mixed with country songs. He even introduced his music partner (sorry I forgot his name) which is the guy holding the saxophone. He said they've been together for 22 years! I think that's much longer than his marriage with his wife?!

Sax player
What's the best part of his performance, Edwin McCain came down the stage and went to the center aisle where we were seating. Its good that I got a shot of him :)
The audience got crazy when he sang his famous single - I'll Be
Almost everybody was recording his performance with their digital cameras except for me.
He sang for an hour with his great and inspiring songs. He finished singing about 10pm.

Edwin McCain downstage
There was an interval so the guest singer came in with the opening song Amazing, Philippines' #1 R&B singer, Jay-R.  It's sad because his name wasn't on the poster though his face pic was posted and he looks different than before so I didn't recognize him at first sight. He sung 4 songs and mostly are the famous songs in the past few years.

R&B singer Jay-R
The much awaited singer of the night, Taylor Dayne went onstage around 10:30pm. Taylor Dayne was a new wave singer of the early 1980s and in the early 1990s including "Tell It to My Heart" and the #1 Billboard hit "Love Will Lead You Back". Overall, she has had eighteen individual hit songs reach the top ten in Billboard magazine.

Taylor Dayne
At her age 50, she's still hot. She has gained weight now but she's sexy and curvy unlike when she was younger, she was skinny.  She sang Tell It to My Heart lastly at her performance. People were standing and dancing to her music. Others were recording her performance.  Thanks to Ferds Bondoy of Tatak Digista, who has invited me to this event.  
It was a rare and great opportunity for us to grace this concert with two foreign singers in one night :)

Taylor Dayne singing "Love Will Lead You Back"

No comments:

Post a Comment