Monday, April 30, 2012

SIDDHARTHA: A Musical Journey to Enlightenment

SIDDHARTHA the Musical --- IN MANILA!


For Non-Buddhists, Buddha was a human. He was an Indian, not Chinese. 
He was Prince Siddartha from Northern India. He sought answers to life’s questions and who discovered a way of loving-kindness and compassion to achieve liberation and perfect peace as the Buddha.


I have attended the musical yesterday at 3pm together with some friends and fellow devotees. I should be seating at the middle of the theater which is my favorite spot but for a change I seated earlier at the balcony for the first time.  I just wanted to try it because most VIPs like to seat in the balcony of a theater like Abraham Lincoln etc.


I loved the opening of the musical, the performers were very good in dancing and singing. Their Indian costumes were also very nice and elegant. Really fit for the royalty.  The choreography was also very good that it gave a great impression on the audience until the end of the musical. If I can describe it in one word - - SPECTACULAR!


I also love the soundtrack of the musical, it was so relaxing that I fell asleep a little bit because I didn't sleep well the other night before. It was not boring, it was just me but I still tried to keep up and watch the musical. After the musical, we were given a souvenir CD of the musical's soundtrack which is perfect since I can use it when ever I'm meditating at home.



Follow the life of the Buddha, one of the world’s greatest spiritual teachers, in this musical acclaimed in Taiwan with lyrics written by Fo Guang Shan founder Venerable Master Hsing Yun, compositions by award-winning songwriter Jude Gitamondoc, and a Cebu-based cast and crew directed by Daisy Ba-ad.



The musical was presented by International Buddhist Progress Society, 
Manila (IBPS) (Fo Guang Shan Mabuhay Temple), Buddha's Light International Association, Philippines (BLIA) and De La Salle-College of Saint Benilde

It was an invitational event by Fong Guang Shan Mabuhay Temple held at the 
SDA Theater 0f De La Salle-College of Saint Benilde (School of Design and Arts Campus) 
950 P. Ocampo St., Malate, Manila






No comments:

Post a Comment